Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Popplet, My Precious

As soon as I read Diana's post about Popplet, I knew that Popplet was something I was going to love. I immediately decided to explore this tool as one of my web 2.0 experiments.

Popplet is essentially a customizable tool for creating graphic organizers. You can make up to five different Popplets with a free account, and then if you want to create more there are a couple different pricing tiers available. It's pretty inexpensive - you can get unlimited Popplets for $30/year.

How can I put this? I'm so immediately obsessed with this tool that I don't even have a classroom and yet I find myself contemplating the yearly subscription!

This is a great tool for anyone who gets just a little too excited about orgizational tools.

If the books on your shelves are sorted first by genre and then alphabetical order...
If you obsessively collect baskets and containers to sort things into...
If there is a drawer in your desk that is dedicated only to various types and sizes of notebooks...

...then you need Popplet, immediately. (Or possibly some type of intervention.)

This tool is fun and easy to use, it's free (well, it can be) and it's easy to share your completed project in a variety of ways. I enjoyed playing with it and I'm betting lots of students would too.

I also really like that you can import pictures into the boxes! That really opens up a ton of possibilities for implementing this tool in meaningful ways.

I made a simple Popplet organizing the major sub-genres of Young Adult literature (of course I did!) and I easily made this in maybe 30 minutes (at least ten of which was spent deciding which colors to assign to which genre and rearranging the boxes in exactly the right visual arrangement).

Feel free to explore my Popplet! And if you haven't tried this tool yet, I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment